Logo
  • Tschuggen Hotel Group History 3
  • Tschuggen Hotel Group History 9
  • Tschuggen Hotel Group History 5
  • Tschuggen Hotel Group History 7
  • Tschuggen Hotel Group History 6
  • Tschuggen Hotel Group History 4
  • Tschuggen Hotel Group History 10
  • Tschuggen Hotel Group History 8
  • Tschuggen Hotel Group History 2

Booking Best available rates

Titolo per booking in mobile del gruppo

Request

Carlton Hotel St. Moritz

The Carlton Hotel St. Moritz, which reopened in December 2007, can look back on a long history: the doors of the impressive building first opened in 1913. It has been part of the Tschuggen Hotel Group since 1987.

Carlton Hotel St. Moritz

1913

The Carlton opened at Christmas 1913 as the fifth five-star hotel in St. Moritz. The successful first winter season was overshadowed by the outbreak of the First World War.

1918

After the war, the Carlton Hotel became the property of the Schweizerische Volksbank bank.

 

Carlton Hotel St. Moritz

1939

The Carlton closed again due to the outbreak of the Second World War.

1947

The hotel reopened its doors in the winter of 1947/48. Alfred Koch, the son of the building contractor Valentin Koch-Robbi, who had built the hotel in 1912 in cooperation with the well-known Swiss hotel architect Emil Vogt, became General Manager.

Carlton Hotel St. Moritz

1987

The Carlton Hotel was acquired by the Kipp-Bechtolsheimer family and became part of the Tschuggen Hotel Group. Until 2005, the hotel was run as a two-season operation and consisted of 6 suites, 69 double rooms, and 20 single rooms.

2007

The hotel reopened after a complete renovation that had lasted 18 months. The Carlton now consists of 60 suites that are all south-facing with a view of Lake St. Moritz.

Carlton Hotel St. Moritz

2012

The opening of the Penthouse Suite (386 m2) meant that St. Moritz's largest suite is now in the Carlton Hotel.

Tschuggen Hotel Group